دبیرستان فرزانگان ۱
شهر
تهران
دانشگاه
شریف
رشته دانشگاه
‫علوم کامپیوتر‬‎

An Indian man walks into a bank in
New York City and asks for the loan officer.
He tells the loan officer that he is going to India on business
for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.

The bank officer tells him that the bank
will need some form of security for the loan,
so the Indian man hands over the keys
and documents of new Ferrari parked
on the street in front of the bank.
He produces the title and everything checks out.
The loan officer agrees to accept
the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank's president and its officers
all enjoy a good laugh at the Indian
for using a $250,000 Ferrari
as collateral against a $5,000 loan.
An employee of the bank then
drives the Ferrari into the bank's
underground garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the Indian returns,
repays the $5,000 and the interest,
which comes to $15.41.
The loan officer says,
"Sir, we are very happy to have had your business,
and this transaction has worked out very nicely,
but we are a little puzzled.
While you were away,
we checked you out and found that you are a multi millionaire.
What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow "$5,000" ?

The Indian replies:

"Where else in New York City can I park my car
for two weeks for only $15.41
and expect it to be there when I return ?'"

Pardis_P

کاربر فوق‌فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
دبیرستان فرزانگان تهران
شهر
تهران
پاسخ : a real story !

I have another story:
Grandma's Garden
I watched my grandma hoe the clay soil in my garden.

"Don't see how you grow anything in this," she mused.

"Colorado soil can't compare to yours in Iowa, Grandma!" I stared at her in awe, capturing the moment in my memory forever. Wisps of her silvery hair sneaked from beneath her headscarf as her thin torso bent down to pull a fistful of bindweed.

"This stuff will grow anywhere," she laughed. "Even in this soil!"

Although she lived alone on the Iowa farm she and Grandpa had settled a half century ago, she still maintained a garden that could sustain most of Benton County! Some of my favorite summer childhood days had been spent in her garden helping her pull up plants she identified as weeds, or planting vegetables and flowers. She had taught me that gardening wasn't only about cultivating plants, it was about cultivating faith. Each seed planted was proof of that. When I was seven I asked, "Grandma, how do the seeds know to grow the roots down and the green part up?"

"Faith," was her answer.

When I grew up and married, my husband recognized the impression Grandma's dirt left under my fingernails and in my heart. He supported my dream to live outside the city, and our two-acre plot had a horse, dog, cat, rabbit, six hens and, of course, a large garden. I was privileged and overjoyed to have Grandma working in it.

Grandma leaned the hoe next to a fence post and walked to my flower bed to help me plant the daisies she'd brought from her garden to mine. She didn't know I was watching as she patted the dirt around the base of a plant. Waving her hand in the sign of the cross above it, she whispered, "God bless you, grow." I'd almost forgotten that garden blessing from my youth. Ten years later, those daisies still flourish.

Grandma is tending God's garden now but still influences me daily. Whenever I tuck a seedling into the earth, I trace a small cross above it in the air and say, "God bless you, grow."

And in quiet times, I can still hear her blessing, nurturing my faith. "God bless you, grow."

Pardis_P

کاربر فوق‌فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
دبیرستان فرزانگان تهران
شهر
تهران
پاسخ : a real story !

another story :
"The Unity of Stranger"
Tonight a friend called. He was going by himself to a nearby park in Los Angeles with a bunch of candles to think and honor the victims of September 11. He wasn't sure if anyone else would show up. Nothing had been scheduled. I had been looking for some place to go to share my feelings with others. I gathered a few candles, a small American flag and met him.

At 7:00 P.M., we were the only people in the park, but a small group of people who appeared to be from a church were on the sidewalk handing out candles and lyrics to patriotic songs. We began to sing.

As darkness fell, we set up our candle shrine and more people came. They brought flags and more candles. People began driving by, honking, parking, and joining. More people, more flags. Huge ones, tiny ones, one homemade and colored with crayons by a child when his local store ran out. Another friend showed up with her dog that was wearing a red, white, and blue kerchief. People started lining the streets and waving their flags. Across the street we saw a long line of marchers carrying votive candles. They had been called about the gathering in the park. The crowd swelled, shouting "U.S.A!" and waving their flags. There was an older Armenian lady mourning a loss who added her candle to our shrine. They kept coming: Latino families, Asians, young and old, a man in a wheelchair and a homeless man from the park with a flag stuck atop the shopping cart that held all his belongings.

Then, the firefighters came...not to tell us we were a fire hazard, but to park their massive trucks on each side of the corner. We cheered these symbols of American heroism and shook their hands. The ladder truck started raising its tall ladder with a big American flag at the top into the night sky. It swung out over the street as it extended and the flag waved. We cheered as the firefighters climbed to the top of the ladder. Cops drove by, honked and turned on their sirens. The corner was ablaze with candlelight and we kept singing. People I'll never see again sang them with me. More people came. The blare of continuously honking horns filled the air as flag-decorated cars drove by and approved of our demonstration. I spoke to a female firefighter who had just returned from digging for survivors for two days in the rubble of the World Trade Center. She needed to see this kind of support, and we were happy to give it to her.

Later, I met a young woman who had been eating at a restaurant across the street. She saw our group, went home to get her flag and returned. It was a huge flag and she could only hold up one end of it, so I took the other end. We stood in front of the people lining the street, waving the flag. We joined others chanting "U.S.A!" and singing "America the Beautiful" and "Grand Old Flag" as more fire trucks passed and briefly put on their sirens. CNN News showed up and started shooting, a news helicopter circled overhead, and the ABC and CBS local vans pulled up. Photographers from many papers took countless pictures.

I hope those images are part of a huge patchwork that stretches across America to other cities and all the countries of the free world – to other corners and other strangers standing strong, defiant and steadfast together, heads and flags held high. Despite our many nationalities, religions and political differences, we are united in a sorrow, anger and determination that no ragtag army of madmen can ever defeat. This was a night I'll never forget, part of a time in history when, no matter how diverse, the people of Los Angeles were one...on one corner...where only a few had stood only a short time before. That's what the madmen didn't count on and what will, in time, defeat them.

• شروع کننده موضوع

armita

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
دبیرستان فرزانگان ۱
شهر
تهران
دانشگاه
شریف
رشته دانشگاه
‫علوم کامپیوتر‬‎
Short Stories

A junior manager, a senior manager and their boss
are on their way to a meeting.
On their way through a park, they come across a wonder lamp. They rub the lamp and a ghost appears.

The ghost says,
"Normally, one is granted three wishes but as you are three,
I will allow one wish each"

So the eager senior manager shouted,
"I want the first wish. I want to be in the Bahamas, on a fast boat and have no worries."
Pufffff. and he was gone.
Now the junior manager could not keep quiet and shouted "I want to be In Florida with plenty of food and cocktails." Pufffff. and he was also gone.

The boss calmly said,
"I want these two idiots back in the office after lunch at 12.35pm."

MORAL OF THE STORY IS:
ALWAYS ALLOW THE BOSS TO SPEAK FIRST

Narcissus

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
دبيرستان فرزانگان1
شهر
مشهد
مدال المپیاد
رتبه ی 1 کشوری المپیاد زبان انگلیسی دوره ی راهنمایی :دی
Short stories

Short stories:

Narcissus

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
دبيرستان فرزانگان1
شهر
مشهد
مدال المپیاد
پاسخ : Short stories

Once upon a time there was a bunch of tiny frogs…. Who arranged a running competition.
The goal was to reach the top of a very high tower.
A big crowd had gathered around the tower to see the race and cheer on the contestants. ….
The race began….
Honestly,no one in crowd really believed that the tiny frogs would reach the top of the tower.
You heard statements such as:
Oh, WAY too difficult!!’
They will NEVER make it to the top.’ or:

‘Not a chance that they will succeed. The tower is too high!’

The tiny frogs began collapsing. One by one…. …Except for those, who in a fresh tempo, were climbing higher and higher….The crowd continued to yell, ‘It is too difficult!!! No one will make it!’More tiny frogs got tired and gave up….
But ONE continued higher and higher and higher…. This one wouldn’t give up! At the end everyone else had given up climbing the tower. Except for the one tiny frog who, after a big effort, was the only one who reached the top!
THEN all of the other tiny frogs naturally wanted to

know how this one frog managed to do it?

A contestant asked the tiny frog how he had found the strength to succeed and reach the goal?
It turned out….
That the winner was DEAF!!!!

The wisdom of this story is:
Never listen to other people’s tendencies to be negative or pessimistic. . … because they take your
most wonderful dreams and wishes away from you – the ones you have in
your heart!

Always think of the power words have.
Because everything you hear and read will affect your actions
Therefore:
ALWAYS be…. POSITIVE!
And above all Be DEAF when people tell YOU that you cannot fulfill your dreams!Always think:
God and I can do this! Pass this message on to 5 ‘tiny frogs’ you care about.Give them some motivation!! !
Most people walk in and out of your life…..but FRIENDS Leave footprints in your heart

3zar

کاربر فوق‌فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید بهشتی
شهر
گنبد کاووس
رشته دانشگاه
عمران

Dear moderator !
do we allow do put comic books here ??

Narcissus

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
دبيرستان فرزانگان1
شهر
مشهد
مدال المپیاد

HOOMANKH7

کاربر حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید بهشتی
شهر
بابل
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی

it was wonderful...
I really enjoyed it...
so perfect ..........so

جیران

کاربر فوق‌حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان خرم آباد
مدال المپیاد
المپیاد شیمی و زبان
secret of success

A young man asked Socrates the secret of success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him into the river. When the water got up to their neck, Socrates took the young man by surprise and swiftly ducked him into the water.

The boy struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled the boy’s head out of the water and the first thing the young man did was to gasp and take a deep breath of air.

Socrates asked him, "what did you want the most when you were there?" The boy replied, "Air". Socrates said, "That is the secret of success! When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it!" There is no other secret (;

negginnium

کاربر فوق‌حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان
شهر
بندرعباس
سال فارغ التحصیلی
دانشگاه
-
رشته دانشگاه
sth

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said. His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When God got on the phone, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said:

"When I made the woman she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world,

yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

khamoosh

کاربر نیمه‌حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مش‍‌‌هَد
دانشگاه
علوم پزشکی مشهد
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی

it was enjoyable.
thanks for short stories.
(we have to copypast the stories?)

Narcissus

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
دبيرستان فرزانگان1
شهر
مشهد
مدال المپیاد

به نقل از khamoosh :
it was enjoyable.
thanks for short stories.
(we have to copypast the stories?)
In this topic you can do this,or you can write a summary of a nice story that you've heard!
If you wanna write your own Story the topic is here
http://www.sampadia.com/forum/index.php/topic,16621.0.html​
:

sina mt

کاربر فوق‌فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
(مستقیم بری میرسی به آقا)
شهر
لا فیلتر

what is the real difference
between heaven and hell?
A man spoke with the lord about
heaven and hell and asking
about the differences between
heaven and hell. The Lord said
to the man, " Come, I will show
you hell ."They entered a room
where a group of people sat
around a huge pot of stew.
Everyone
was famished, desperate and
starving. Each held a spoon that
reached the
pot, but each spoon had a
handle so much longer than
their own arm
that it could not be used to get
the stew into their own mouths.
the suffering was terrible.
"Come, now I will show you
heaven, "the lord said after a
while. They entered another
room, identical to the first- the
pot of stew, the group of
people,
the same long- handled spoons.
But there everyone was happy
and
well- nourished.
"I don't understand, "said the
man. "Why are they happy here
when
they were miserable in the other
room and everything was the
same?"
The lord smiled. "Ah, it is simple,
"he said. "Here they have
learned to feed each other."

rojin

کاربر حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان 1 تهران
شهر
تهران
مدال المپیاد
مشغول به ریاضی به شد!:دی
دانشگاه
تو ایران صنعتی شریف(در
رشته دانشگاه
قطعا یه چیزی مربوط به ریاضی

به نقل از minaaaaa :

A young man asked Socrates the secret of success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him into the river. When the water got up to their neck, Socrates took the young man by surprise and swiftly ducked him into the water.

The boy struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled the boy’s head out of the water and the first thing the young man did was to gasp and take a deep breath of air.

Socrates asked him, "what did you want the most when you were there?" The boy replied, "Air". Socrates said, "That is the secret of success! When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it!" There is no other secret (;

It was wonderful!

sina mt

کاربر فوق‌فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
(مستقیم بری میرسی به آقا)
شهر
لا فیلتر

به نقل از negin.kh3 :
A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said. His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When God got on the phone, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said:

"When I made the woman she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world,

yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."
wooooooooooooooooow it was very beautiful are every women in this miserable situation???????

Backstreetboy

کاربر فوق‌حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید بهشتی
رشته دانشگاه
مهندسی مکانیک

Very good Story.....
sometimes we stuck in a situation that we need to cry even men......

Backstreetboy

کاربر فوق‌حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید بهشتی
رشته دانشگاه
مهندسی مکانیک

but the differents between men and women is that men rae shamed to cry in crowds..........

liliano

کاربر فوق‌فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان2
شهر
تهران
دانشگاه
دانشگاه تهران
رشته دانشگاه
علوم مهندسی_مکانیک جامدات

به نقل از نرگس :
Once upon a time there was a bunch of tiny frogs…. Who arranged a running competition.
The goal was to reach the top of a very high tower.
A big crowd had gathered around the tower to see the race and cheer on the contestants. ….
The race began….
Honestly,no one in crowd really believed that the tiny frogs would reach the top of the tower.
You heard statements such as:
Oh, WAY too difficult!!’
They will NEVER make it to the top.’ or:

‘Not a chance that they will succeed. The tower is too high!’

The tiny frogs began collapsing. One by one…. …Except for those, who in a fresh tempo, were climbing higher and higher….The crowd continued to yell, ‘It is too difficult!!! No one will make it!’More tiny frogs got tired and gave up….
But ONE continued higher and higher and higher…. This one wouldn’t give up! At the end everyone else had given up climbing the tower. Except for the one tiny frog who, after a big effort, was the only one who reached the top!
THEN all of the other tiny frogs naturally wanted to

know how this one frog managed to do it?

A contestant asked the tiny frog how he had found the strength to succeed and reach the goal?
It turned out….
That the winner was DEAF!!!!

The wisdom of this story is:
Never listen to other people’s tendencies to be negative or pessimistic. . … because they take your
most wonderful dreams and wishes away from you – the ones you have in
your heart!

Always think of the power words have.
Because everything you hear and read will affect your actions
Therefore:
ALWAYS be…. POSITIVE!
And above all Be DEAF when people tell YOU that you cannot fulfill your dreams!Always think:
God and I can do this! Pass this message on to 5 ‘tiny frogs’ you care about.Give them some motivation!! !
Most people walk in and out of your life…..but FRIENDS Leave footprints in your heart

interesting.....!

شازده کوچولو

کاربر نیمه‌حرفه‌ای
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
علامه حلی همدان
شهر
همدان
مدال المپیاد
کنکور خوندنم المپیاد حساب میشه ؟؟؟؟؟؟
دانشگاه
اگه خدا بخواد MIT
رشته دانشگاه
بازم اگه خدا بخواد برق

Saudi Prince goes to Germany to study.

A month later, he sends a letter to his dad saying:
"Berlin is wonderful, people are nice and I really like it here, but I'm a bit ashamed to arrive to school with my gold Mercedes when all my teachers travel by train."

Sometime later he gets a letter from his dad with a ten million dollar check saying:
"Stop embarrassing us!
go and get yourself a train too!"

بالا