مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار
Hi everybody​

Here we want improve our translating and comprehension from English texts​

we weill translate English short stories and paragraphs​

I'm going to put a paragraph and you are going to translate it and put your translation here​

after sometime I will put a translation from famous translators to compare ours with it​

Please note that just your translation can be Persian and any other Persian post will be deleted

First: a short story from Virginia Woolf​
A Haunted House​

WHATEVER HOUR you woke there was a door shutting. From room to room they went, hand in hand, lifting here, opening there, making sure ghostly couple.

"Here we left it," she said. And he added, "Oh, but here too!" "It's upstairs," she murmured. "And in the garden," he whispered. "Quietly," they said, "or we shall wake them."

my translation:​
خانه اشباح:

هر ساعت که بیدار میشدی دری بسته میشد، از اتاقی به اتاق دیگر میرفتند، دست در دست هم. جایی جسمی را بلند میکردند، جای دیگر دری را باز میکردند. تا مطمئن شوند زوج شبحی.
زن گفت: «اینجا ترکش کردیم» و مرد افزود « همینطور اینجا!» زن زیر لب گفت: «بالای پله هاست» مرد نجوا کرد:«و در باغ» گفتند:« آرام، وگرنه بیدارشان میکنم»

your turn :D

• شروع کننده موضوع

Hamid.s

‌Bug
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار
پاسخ : I Translate

no body wanna participate? =(( :-"

!Milad!

کاربر نیمه‌فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
هاشمی نژاد 2 مشهد

به نقل از The Bug :
Hi everybody​

Here we want to improve our translation and comprehension from English texts​

we will translate English short stories and paragraphs​

I'm going to put a paragraph and you are going to translate it and put your translation here​

after some time I will put a translation from famous translators to compare ours with it​

Please note that just your translation can be Persian and any other Persian posts will be deleted

First: a short story from Virginia Woolf​
A Haunted House​

WHATEVER HOUR you woke there was a door shutting. From room to room they went, hand in hand, lifting here, opening there, making sure ghostly couple.

"Here we left it," she said. And he added, "Oh, but here too!" "It's upstairs," she murmured. "And in the garden," he whispered. "Quietly," they said, "or we shall wake them."

my translation:​
خانه اشباح:

هر ساعت که بیدار میشدی دری بسته میشد، از اتاقی به اتاق دیگر میرفتند، دست در دست هم. جایی جسمی را بلند میکردند، جای دیگر دری را باز میکردند. تا مطمئن شوند زوج شبحی.
زن گفت: «اینجا ترکش کردیم» و مرد افزود « همینطور اینجا!» زن زیر لب گفت: «بالای پله هاست» مرد نجوا کرد:«و در باغ» گفتند:« آرام، وگرنه بیدارشان میکنم»

your turn :D

Well for starters I edited some of your grammatical and spelling mistakes :))
(no offence :-")
Now for the translation:

خانه ی اشباح
هر ساعت که بیدار می شدی صدای باز و بسته شدن در را می شنیدی. آن ها دست در دست هم از اتاقی به اتاق دیگر می رفتند، چیزی را بر می داشتند یا دری را باز می کردند، تا زوج شبح از امن بودن خانه مطمئن شوند.
زن گفت: «همینجا گذاشته بودیمش.» و مرد اضافه کرد: «آره، ولی اینجا هم هست!». زن نجوا کرد» «طبقه ی بالاست.» و مرد زمزمه کرد: «و توی باغ.» هر دو گفتند: «آروم، وگرنه بیدارشون می کنیم.»

• شروع کننده موضوع

Hamid.s

‌Bug
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار

:-<

ok next part!

But it wasn't that you woke us. Oh, no. "They're looking for it; they're drawing the curtain," one might say, and so read on a page or two. "Now they've found it, " one would be certain, stopping the pencil on the margin. And then, tired of reading, one might rise and see for oneself, the house all empty, the doors standing open, only the wood pigeons bubbling with content and the hum of the threshing machine sounding from the farm. "What did I come in here for? What did I want to find?" My hands were empty. "Perhaps it's upstairs then?" The apples were in the loft. And so down again, the garden still as ever, only the book had slipped into the grass.

ولی این شما نبودید که ما را بیدار کردید. اوه نه، "دارند دنبالش میگردند، دارند پرده ها را کنار میکشند" کسی ممکن است بگوید، و یا در جایی بخواند " حالا آنرا یافته اند" ممکن است مطمئن شود، در حالی که قلم را روی حاشیه متوقف میکند. و سپس خسته از خواندن، ممکن است بلند شود و برای خودش ببیند، همه خانه خالی است و در ها باز مانده اند. تنها کبوتران درخت با رضایت سر و صدا میکنند و صدای ماشین خرمن کوبی نیز از مزرعه به گوش میرسد. "چرا من به اینجا آمدم؟ دنبال چه هستم؟" دستانم خالی بود. "خوب شاید طبقه بالا است؟" سیب ها در اتاق زیر شیروانی بودند. و دوباره پایین، باغ مانند همیشه ثابت، فقط کتاب به داخل علف ها لغزیده بود

mah2kht

کاربر فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان (1) اهواز

I have to say this short story is not a good one to begin with.You could choose one whose translation was easier.
But anyway, I would translate this paragraph as what's written below:

ولی مسئله این نبود که شما ما را بیدار کردید. اوه، نه. می توانستی بگویی: «دارند دنبالش می گردند، دارند پرده را می کشند.» و یک یا دو صفحه ی دیگر مطالعه کنی. می توانستی مطمئن باشی و بگویی: «حالا پیداش کردند.» و مدادت را در حاشیه ی صفحه نگه داری. و بعد وقتی از خواندن خسته شدی، از جا برخیزی و با چشمان خودت ببینی که خانه کاملاً خالی ست، درها بازند، و تنها صدایی که از مزرعه به گوش می رسد صدای کبوترهای جنگلی ست که با خشنودی می خروشند و صدای ماشین خرمن کوب. «برای چی اومدم اینجا؟ می خواستم چی پیدا کنم؟» دستانم خالی بود.«پس شاید طبقه ی بالا باشد.» سیب ها در اتاقک زیر شیروانی بودند. و طبقه ی پایین، باغچه مثل همیشه آرام بود، فقط کتاب روی علف ها لغزیده بود.

Mine isn't good either. :D
I suggest that you change the story. That would make people want to participate because right now all they see is a bunch of incomplete sentences they don't know how to translate into Farsi.​
:-??

• شروع کننده موضوع

Hamid.s

‌Bug
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار

i think you are right :-"

but i select this because of it's short paragraphs.

suggest stories for translation :D

نسترنگار

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان ۱ تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی بهشتی

I think it's not a bad idea to choose the paragraphs from fantasy books or the ones that many students have read their translations before.for instance now i'm reading the Artemis Fowl books wich i've read the farsi ones before. In this way i can have a general idea for translation as i've read a good translation before
At all i think it's good to put a paragraph of famous but not hard books. Like the Harry Potter series or Artemis Fowl or like that.

• شروع کننده موضوع

Hamid.s

‌Bug
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار

به نقل از نسترنگار :
I think it's not a bad idea to choose the paragraphs from fantasy books or the ones that many students have read their translations before.for instance now i'm reading the Artemis Fowl books wich i've read the farsi ones before. In this way i can have a general idea for translation as i've read a good translation before
At all i think it's good to put a paragraph of famous but not hard books. Like the Harry Potter series or Artemis Fowl or like that.

I think these books are not proper
they are too long
I wanted to choose a short story so we could finish it easily
but for example harry potter, it will take a lot of time

نسترنگار

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان ۱ تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی بهشتی

.No No I didn't mean translating the whole book :O
For example the most exciting paragraph.

• شروع کننده موضوع

Hamid.s

‌Bug
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار

به نقل از نسترنگار :
.No No I didn't mean translating the whole book :O
For example the most exciting paragraph.

but i meant translating the whole book :D

I wanted to translate short and complete stories here

• لایک
امتیازات: fteh

نسترنگار

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان ۱ تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی بهشتی

But I still think a paragraph is better. Short stories are somehow hard; Both in translating and understanding.They're not tempting! But if there's a good one, please put it. We're ready to contribute. :)

mah2kht

کاربر فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان (1) اهواز

Search for Darren Shan's short stories. They're easy and most teenagers enjoy reading them.
Start with the one called "lonely lefty".​

jamjam

کاربر فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان
شهر
اصفهان

به نقل از mah2kht :
Search for Darren Shan's short stories. They're easy and most teenagers enjoy reading them.
good idea <D=
though the text was not much hard we'd better start with easier ones and after a while when our translation abilities improved start some harder ones
(;

august

کاربر فوق‌فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد 2
شهر
مشهد
THE CHILDRENبچه های بازیگوش

I'm ready!
come on!

نسترنگار

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان ۱ تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی بهشتی

Well, I don't have that book, So instead, I'll put a paragraph from the first book of Harry Potter:

Harry’s last month with the Dursleys wasn’t fun. True, Dudley was now so scared of Harry he wouldn’t stay in the same room, while Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon didn’t shut Harry in his cupboard, force him to do anything, or shout at him — in fact, they didn’t speak to him at all. Half terrified, half furious, they acted as though any chair with Harry in it were empty. Although this was an improvement in many ways, it did become a bit depressing after a while.

NigHt HaWk

کاربر فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید اژه‌ای 1
شهر
اصفهان
دانشگاه
خواجه نصیر
رشته دانشگاه
مکانیک

به نقل از نسترنّگار :
Well, I don't have that book, So instead, I'll put a paragraph from the first book of Harry Potter:

Harry’s last month with the Dursleys wasn’t fun. True, Dudley was now so scared of Harry he wouldn’t stay in the same room, while Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon didn’t shut Harry in his cupboard, force him to do anything, or shout at him — in fact, they didn’t speak to him at all. Half terrified, half furious, they acted as though any chair with Harry in it were empty. Although this was an improvement in many ways, it did become a bit depressing after a while.

ماه آخر بودن هری با دورسلی ها اصلا جالب نبود. البته، دادلی آن قدر از هری می ترسید که با او در یک اتاق نمی ماند، خاله پتونیا و عمو ورنون هم دیگر هری را در گنجه نیانداختند، او را مجبور به کاری نکردند، یا سرش داد نزدند؛ در حقیقت، اصلا با او صحبت نکردند. نیمه ترسیده و نیمه عصبانی، آن ها طوری رفتار می کردند که انگار هر صندلی که هری رویش نشسته باشد خالی است. هرچند این خودش پیشرفتی بود، ولی بعد از مدتی خیلی افسرده کننده شد.

نسترنگار

کاربر خاک‌انجمن‌خورده
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
فرزانگان ۱ تهران
رشته دانشگاه
پزشکی بهشتی

#-o
!Oh my Gosh! I'm really sorry. Won't be repeated

?So, Shall we try another paragraph

NigHt HaWk

کاربر فعال
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید اژه‌ای 1
شهر
اصفهان
دانشگاه
خواجه نصیر
رشته دانشگاه
مکانیک

Somtimes you shouldn't translate word by word
you can change the verbs and words if it help the readers to understand better and it also makes your translation more fluent

• شروع کننده موضوع

Hamid.s

‌Bug
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار

به نقل از BUG :
Please note that just your translation can be Persian and any other Persian post will be deleted

I agree that the translation was great.
but about tense of verbs. all of the verbs should be same in tense. you can not translate one verb in past form and another present for example. i think night hawk is right​
I won't translate this paragraph, coz every translation that i will made will be influenced with "night hawk" translation :D

• شروع کننده موضوع

Hamid.s

‌Bug
ارسال‌ها
امتیاز
نام مرکز سمپاد
شهید هاشمی نژاد1
شهر
مشهد
دانشگاه
فردوسی
رشته دانشگاه
نرم‌افزار

به نقل از نسترنّگار :
#-o
!Oh my Gosh! I'm really sorry. Won't be repeated

?So, Shall we try another paragraph

as I said before, I think a compelete short stories is better than a single paragraph
I'm waiting for Daren Shan short stories :D

به نقل از mah2kht :

بالا